Shimano Stella SWB Saltwater Spinning Reels contains the power of X-Ship, which enhances power transmission through the gear. This results in increased cranking power with extremely smooth feel.
• The Power Aluminum Body, X-Rigid Rotor, X-Rigid Bail and X-Rigid Handle combine to provide ultimate rigidity and eliminates loss of power caused by reel flex. In order to support the tremendous power and rigidity, Shimano developed the X-Rigid Gear and introduced it into the heart of the Stella SW aluminum body.
• X-Tough Drag, with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control and toughness anticipates the vigorous speed of bluefin tuna and GT.
• X-Shield + X-Protect combine to provide extreme water intrusion resistance in the harshest saltwater fishing conditions.
• These proprietary technologies; researched, developed and manufactured by Shimano; produce the most powerful and toughest spinning reel Shimano has ever built.
DEFINING THE UNIQUE FEATURES:
• X-Ship provides greater power transmission efficiency through the use of large precision cut gears with increased bearing support. Increased power combined with rigid construction results in maximum pressure on the fish.
• The new Stella SW utilizes high rigidity aluminum for its body material. Aluminum offers the ideal housing to protect the precision interior of Stella SW from a severe exterior environment. The result is an extremely rigid and tough body that supports the power required to fight monster fish.
• The shape and thickness of the aluminum rotor creates high rigidity that results in more fish fighting power. Increased mass of the aluminum rotor generates more inertia resulting in easier fishing of heavy jigs and high resistance lures.
• The adoption of thicker titanium wire dramatically increases the rigidity and impact resistance of the bail. The nature of the metal makes the bail lighter and provides excellent corrosion resistance.
• A super-reliable bail system created by combining an SR one-piece bail wire, an SW barrier coated big roller reinforced with Diamond Like Carbon (DLC), and a high-strength hard plated bail arm.
• New cold forged aluminum handle has a 35% increase in rigidity vs. previous Stella SW resulting in more power under heavy load.
• The new one-piece shaft cover incorporates an aluminum outer shell and stainless steel core. This new configuration allows the shaft casing to thoroughly and accurately encase the top of the handle shank, resulting in increased rigidity of the entire handle.
• Shimano's cold forged barrier gear is 20% thicker and includes a proprietary surface coating. These two technologies combine to create a gear that is 38% stronger than their previous Stella SW.
• Incorporating large diameter drag washers at the base of the spool provides greater drag stability. The result is smooth and consistent drag performance throughout the fight.
• X-Tough Drag: The new Coil Wave Spring features steady elasticity at any compression level, and little deformation under repeated compression. This results in precise drag adjustments throughout the curve, giving the angler more control at high drag pressure. Applies pressure from above and below the drag washers and distributes that pressure across a larger surface area. This results in the toughest and most durable drag system Shimano has ever offered in a spinning reel.
• X-Shield: By placing sealing gaskets in 12 critical locations throughout the rigid aluminum body, Shimano was able to create a water resistant structure that can hold up against the toughest conditions and fish that Mother Nature has to offer.
• X-Protect: The first lip in the Stella SW proprietary three-lipped rubber seal system is designed to keep low pressure water out. Then grease between the second and third lips resists high pressure water while enhancing a smooth rotor rotation. Sealing at the roller clutch is the optimal location to prevent water intrusion.
MODELS & APPLICATIONS:
• SW5000HG: Excellent in both power and speed. Versatile functions, perfect for the speed required for jigging.
• SW5000PG: Slow jigging action as you wish. Good for torque-focuses light jigging. • SW5000XG: Speed equivalent to the 8000HG class. Perfect for dolphin, seabass, and yellowtail angling. • SW6000HG: Fast control over big fish like dolphin and bonito! Good for onshore yellowtail jigging. • SW6000PG: Slow to medium accurate speed settings! Ideal for inshore jigging. • SW8000HG: Designed for jigging, targeting yellowtail and kingfish, as well as for casting, targeting big dolphin and amberjack. • SW8000PG: Standard for versatile inshore jigging. Good for torque-focused slow action. • SW10000PG: Tough and compact. Designed for jigging, targeting primarily large-size amberjack, and other wide ranging powerful fish. • SW14000XG: Combined easy handling, durability and high speed. 300 meter line (#6) capacity, targeting inshore tuna and giant kingfish. • SW18000HG: Designed for jigging with swift control over a large area, or targeting monster GT and kingfish. • SW20000PG: Perfect model for power jigging, the key for entering the deep sea. Excellent for large-size amberjack and dogtooth tuna.